Five Tips for a Melbourne Staycation
1. Pack light. It’s Melbourne, you are going to want to shop. And with one of Melbourne’s busiest shopping streets (Chapel Street) only minutes away, and even better, Melbourne’s best and most beautiful high-end shopping strip — High Street Armadale — only a quick tram away, you will need room for all your purchases.
2. Life is better with a good blow-dry, so pop downstairs and visit the friendly team at the Runway Room to get your hair done for the day.
3. Work out your morning coffee plan. With so many amazing speciality coffee shops on offer in Melbourne, you don’t want to miss any of the good ones. From The Cullen, we love ducking across the road to Market Lane Coffee at the Prahran Fresh Market, or walking a couple of hundred meters down Commercial Road to Tall Timber (they do a great breakfast as well).
4. Get outdoors! Zip around town with one of The Cullen’s super cute Smart Cars, electric scooters, or perhaps one of the red vintage-inspired Lekker bicycles. We like hitting up either the ‘Tan’ walking track or Albert Park Lake to cut a few laps with the rest of Melbourne’s healthy set.
5. Get lost in the city laneways. Jump on the tram, or take one of the Smart Cars, and grab coffee from Duke's, breakfast at Cumulus, lunch at The French Saloon, an aperitif on the Siglo rooftop, or (if you can find it) Bar Americano…and if there’s still room, a late-night dinner at Chin Chin. The perfect end to a perfect Melbourne staycation.
Photography by Gigi Hop @_itsbeautifulhere
More like this
The Cullen | The Olsen | The Watson | Art | Go Do
The Arty Side of MIFF
Melbourne International Film Festival has been running for sixty five years this year, and has been a cultural landmark for bringing a broad range of cinema to the once isolated Australian audience. This year, two of the films explore two significant Australian artists who come from completely different backgrounds, but have made their impact on Australian art.