Gift it differently this year: Our guide
With gift-giving season now in full swing, it’s easy to be overwhelmed with options for your nearest and dearest. The shops are filled with advertisements and sale signs, your inbox is overflowing with limited discount offers and you’re afraid to turn the TV on for the barrage of festive campaigns taking over the airwaves.
But don’t despair just yet – what if there was a handy guide of presents for purchase online-only? We imagine that would be pretty spiffy - and that’s why we decided to write one ourselves. If you want to give something a little less ordinary, take a peek through our favourite types of presents; art, culture, luxury and travel-related.
For the modern gentleman:
- Sleep in with our limited edition Olsen-print pyjamas, created in collaboration with Masini & Chern. Available as shorts only or a full-length pyjama set, they’re made from 100% cotton – breathable and light but also a little bit fancy.
- Refresh a corporate wardrobe without the hassle of a fitting room. Online retailer MR SHIRTS has a multitude of colours, prints and fits using luxury materials for a finer finish. With free shipping and snazzy gift wrapping, they’re perfect for injecting some luxury into everyday essentials.
- Keep fresh from top to toe with those clever cats at evo and their range of hair, face and body goodies. Think soothing shaving crème, all the hair gels and waxes to dream of, and perfectly-sized travel sets.
For the culture queen:
- With one of their most ambitious programs in the past few years, they’ll want to head along to every event on Malthouse Theatre’s 2015 slate. Save the ticket anxiety and buy a season pass to see them all.
- Give their walls some love with an Olsen signed print. Printed on high quality paper using giclee archival inks, they’ll bring the Art Series collection to the home.
- Keep up with the crafty kids at Frankie with a 12-month subscription delivered straight to their door. Packed with clever contributions from the whose-who of Australia’s creative scene, it’s just the thing for a dose of inspiration every month.
For the little one:
- Luxury isn’t just for grown-ups you know. Bugaboo has got the functional-yet-fancy pram setup down pat, with lightweight prams that are easy to fold up and well-padded and adjustable for quickly-growing babies and toddlers.
- Keep ‘em clean without the nasty chemicals thanks to Milk & Co. Their handy baby travel packs have bath products, soothing creams and super helpful anti-bacterial wipes all made from squeaky-clean ingredients.
- Pop some colour into the playroom with our Studio quote pillowcases or cheeky printed cushions from On The Sly. A cheap and cheerful way to take the hotel experience home that will look good in any bedroom.
With all that rushing about, a good night’s sleep is the greatest gift of all.
For the hardest worker you know:
- Gift some enforced time out in the form of a One Hot Yoga 10 class pass. With the option to trial a number of classes and times, it’s a great way to get a fitness regime going for 2015.
- Both men and women have valuable business insights to learn from joining Business Chicks, with members given access to inspiration speakers, networking and social events throughout the year. Memberships are a tidy $199 to gain access to the full 2015 program.
- With all that rushing about, a good night’s sleep is the greatest gift of all. Go the whole mile with an Art Series signature bed (yep, the very same as those dreamy ‘cloud beds’ at our digs) or pick out a smaller slice of luxury such as microfibre pillows, fluffy down quilts and high quality linen.
For the ‘impossible-to-buy-for’:
- Fact: Even proven difficult-to-please individuals love a good gift voucher. Pick up an Art Series gift voucher for $100, $200 or $300 and let them pick the hotel experience they want. Not so impossible after all.